Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Quilt fit for a princess!



I managed to finish this very colourful quilt in time for CNY 2007 for Agnes's princess! I bought this lovely piece of cloth in US and it has a fairytale story.

The blocks have pictures depicting "once upon a time there was a princess in a magical kingdom....... came a prince, princess was up the tower....... fell in love and lived happily ever after".

I had to be really careful to choose the borders to match the cloth and I found some lovely fabric in Kelvin's shop which I frequent every Saturday, so that I do not fall asleep on my couch if I am at home trying to do some patchwork projects during the weekend!

To complement the centre of the quilt I also appliqued using blanket stitch some story of "magicians". Kelvin finished some of the machine quilting for me as I have not perfected the art of doing curves using freehand motion quilting techniques.


No comments: