Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bags and more bags to come



Recently I was inspired to make bags after subscribing to Quilt Japan. Here are 2 bags which I completed recently.

The "Fortune cat" bag was made in time for Chinese New Year to enable me to receive some good fortune. Well, I have not seen much "fortune" come in but I hope fortune comes in other ways like happiness, health for 2007.

I used to bring lunch to work using some paper bags and I decided to make for myself a lunch bag using strong denim cloth as the paper bags would break easily. I appliqued some "hearts" onto the bag using some decorative stitches. I also sewed some decorative buttons onto the handle so that I can reuse the handles if I wish to do so. It also makes it easier to wash the bag as I can remove the handles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very Cool ! Go Girl !